It's now a little over a month ago that we arrived home from our travels around India and then Bali... How did that happen? I always do this thing where I'm like "on this day a month ago I had just arrived home", "on this day three months ago we had just arrived in India", "on this day a year ago..." blah blah blah. Do you guys do that too? I love reminiscing and thinking about where I was at certain points in time; sometimes I worry that it means I'm living in the past too much, but I think mostly it's great because it reminds me of how I was feeling and what I was thinking at a certain point in time, it reminds me of my growth and my experiences and, if I'm feeling stuck with where I'm currently at, it lifts me up and gives my mind a shake up and perspective shift.

On this day six weeks ago, Louis and I were in the paradise of Karma Jimbaran. Jimbaran is on the coast of Bali and is a tiny, little, quiet beachside town. Bali was quite a whirlwind for me, in a different way to India, but Jimbaran was the first place we went to that was exactly what I had hoped for from Bali; peaceful, quiet, blissed out. Staying at the divine Karma resort helped a little (read: a lot).

Karma are a luxury resort group with locations all over the world, and Karma Jimbaran is just one of them. From the moment we arrived and made our way up the driveway I was like, wowowowoowwoeeeeeow. What. A. Beautiful. Place. Just the two of us, Louis and I, spent two nights in one of their phenomenal, lush private pool villas, which meant we had the most glorious master bedroom, the biggest bath tub, the best kitchen (I'm all about being able to cook up a storm whilst travelling!), the most comfortable open plan living and lounge area, which all looked out upon our very own private pool, complete with divine frangipani trees and pool lounge chairs, and even our own bloody koi fish pond.

Having a private pool has multiple perks: going for swims literally whenever you want, getting to take photos in and around the pool without people looking at you like you're a noodle, night swims, and getting to go for skinny dips. Of course. We would begin our days with a breakfast of fresh fruit, tea, juices, smoothies and toast, and follow it with jumping between our pool and wandering down to the beach just down the road. Karma also had a really well equipped little gym which I jumped on, because I really missed being able to go for runs whilst we were travelling! We'd then wrap our days up by cooking up a storm in our beautiful kitchen and perching ourselves out with our feet dangling in the pool. Perfection.

Here's just a few photos of our beautiful villa at Karma Jimbaran!